Phew! I feel it's only necessary to begin this post with a huge sigh of relief. I have now successfully completed my freshman year of college and I could not be happier. It has been a little over one year since I walked across the altar at the Cathedral and graduated from C-DH, and boy how the time has flown. I am pleased to say that high school prepared me very well for college life and I had an incredible first year at Loyola. I met some amazing people, I enjoyed almost all of my classes, I learned a lot about the world and myself, and I had countless crazy adventures in the city. While there were some definite low points to my year, overall I'd say it was a pretty good way to start out my college career. I never realized a year could go by so quickly, it seems like only yesterday I was opening the door to my dorm room for the first time.
So now that the school year is over, all my finals taken, papers turned in and projects presented, I have been able to take some much needed relaxation time. Summer life has treated me very well so far, I've quickly become accustomed to the beautiful weather, the late nights with old friends, and sleeping in until 11. However, this blissful life of no responsibilities has slowly been shifting to a crazy summer full of little kids and dirty diapers. Soon I'll be nannying for close to 40 hours a week, which is an experience that I have never had. While I'm excited to get to run around with little kids all day, and extremely grateful to have a source of income again, I can't help but feel a little sad to lose some of my summer freedom.
For the time being, I am just trying my best to enjoy all that summer has to offer. I am taking advantage of my week off from my life as a nanny and traveling to Grand Haven, MI to visit one of my dearest friends, Lindsay. I can't wait to spend time with her and her wonderful family and have them show me around the town that I have heard so much about. We have many adventures planned for our time together, including spending the day in our beautiful city of Chicago, and I could not be more excited.
Less than 24 hours after I return from my trip to Michigan, I'll be boarding a coach bus headed to Ashland, Montana for my fifth annual Workcamp mission trip. This year's trip will be a new set of experiences for me and although it will be much different than years past, I know it'll still be another unforgettable experience. Hopefully it will at least provide me with some new writing material.
So for now, bring on the sunshine and bring on a good time.
All my love,
Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment